PUBLISHED 06 May 2022
AKS Achieves is an academic enrichment holiday camp for children in KS1 and KS2 (Reception to Year 6), led by our fully-qualified Prep School teachers.
Priority booking for AKS families: 6th-20th May
General booking for non-AKS families: 20th May onwards
Book your place(s) here.
FREE extended care between 3.30pm-5.00pm by Jamie Milligan's on-site Multisports Camp
Cost (includes lunch):
Sibling discount: 5%
The camp will provide:
- fun-packed, stimulating days
- a refresher of curriculum topics
- individualised support and challenge
- experience of working in teams to build communication, problem-solving and team-working skills
- an opportunity to apply learning to real-life challenges
1. English: reading, phonics, spelling, comprehension, and writing;
2. Maths: revise tricky topics and hone problem solving skills
3. Project work: to apply learning to real-life situations
Mornings: Children will revisit curriculum topics in English and Maths to support a secure understanding of the concepts and skills. They will work with peers of a similar ability in small groups. Work will be differentiated across the group, with children accessing work at their appropriate level.
Afternoons: Children will work in teams to apply the concepts to real-world problems which will test their knowledge, cement their understanding of principles covered in the morning sessions, as well as challenging the most academically able.
The timetable will balance teacher and pupil-led activities, promoting confidence and communication skills, along with group and individual work.
Please contact Prep@akslytham.com