The AKS Way
Discover the broad range of successful pathways our students have taken here.
‘Pupils take full advantage of the school’s many opportunities for personal development.’ (ISI Inspection Report, 2016)
Our broad range of curricular and co-curricular opportunities not only seek to achieve excellence but also provide the experiences for any pupil who wants to ‘have a go.’
‘All pupils display excellent attitudes towards their learning.’ (ISIS Inspection Report, 2016)
Enabling and equipping students to find and then fulfil their potential in whatever their interest or passion(s) maybe.
‘The curriculum is excellent. It is broad, balanced and enriching.’ (ISI Inspection report, 2016)
Success and Value:
At AKS we encourage the highest of expectations at the same time instilling the virtues of lifelong learning and citizenship.
‘Pupil’s spiritual, moral, social and cultural development is excellent.’ (ISI Inspection Report, 2016)
We Are AKS:
- AKS is a member of the Round Square global organisation of schools
- AKS has the best A Level and GCSE results of any independent school in the region
- AKS has the most diverse and successful creative arts development programme for a school in the region
- AKS offers the widest range of sports and supports more national representatives through different sports (12) than any other school in the region
- AKS has one of the largest numbers of students participating in the Duke of Edinburgh Award and one of the largest achieving their Gold Award in Lancashire
- AKS has an outstanding location for learning
‘In all parts of the school, the pupil’s behaviour and staff/pupil relationships are excellent.’ (ISI Inspection Report, 2016)