Ethos and Aims
The AKS Mission Statement:
It is our aim to educate our pupils within a caring school community, guiding each individual to develop and grow into a knowledgeable and successful young adult with the skills, character and personality both to lead and to serve.
AKS is a friendly school from Nursery to Sixth Form, committed to achieving the highest of standards in all aspects of its educational provision. It currently has the best GCSE and A level results on the Fylde, award winning art, drama and music, truly inclusive sport, and one of the most successful Duke of Edinburgh Award programmes in the county. As we continually seek to improve, we have consulted with all staff, parents and pupils, and have identified the following areas of priority for further development:
- To achieve the best possible annual academic results for all our pupils, supported by appropriate curriculum models.
- To be a growing school, investing in all aspects of the educational process.
- To ensure the distinctive ethos of AKS is fully understood by all stakeholders.
- To develop further our pupils' sense of self-awareness, emotional wellbeing and personal initiative.
- To provide each pupil with clearly defined co-curricular pathways to develop creativity, life-skills and personal values.
- To empower more pupils to engage with and contribute to the local and wider global community.
- To develop further pupils' responsibility for themselves, their own surroundings and the wider environment.
- To prepare all pupils for success beyond school and in the world of work.
- To have stronger relations across the school and with all stakeholder groups, including parents, alumni and other schools.
- To have a reputation for valuing and developing staff within a strong whole-school culture.
These aims are specific to AKS, while also being fully compatible with the stated aims of the United Learning group. AKS welcomes pupils of all faiths or none, and is proud to share the Group's core values of ambition, confidence, determination, creativity, respect and enthusiasm, as well as the objective of bringing out ‘the best in everyone'.