The Nursery and Reception children, aged 2 to 5 years, follow the Early Years Foundation Stage curriculum. This curriculum sets out a clearly defined group of seven Early Learning Goals which are divided into prime and specific areas. It is expected that most children will achieve the majority of these goals within each area, by the end of their Reception Year.
- Personal, Social and Emotional Development
- Communication and Language
- Physical Development
- Understanding the World
- Expressive Arts and Design
The curriculum in both the Nursery and Reception is carefully structured, planned and organised into achievable stepping stones, and contains three main strands:
- Provision for the different starting points of children (consolidating and extending what they already know and can do).
- Experiences that match the different levels of individual need.
- Planned and purposeful activities that give real opportunities for teaching and learning both indoors and outside.
Click here to read our Reception leaflet.
Please click here to read our 'Local Offer' document.